When I started this blog, I intended it to be my dinner diary of sorts, a forum for me to record the meals I cook daily in a photographic form and with a short write-up as to what inspired me to cook it. So, imagine my huge and pleasant surprise a few weeks ago when I found out that Candy from Lovely Buns nominated me for the Blog on Fire Award! To have others read my blog and find my cooking and the stories of my family interesting is super awesome and something I really appreciate. Thank you so much!
Candy, a Scot living in France, has a pretty blog filled with recipes for, and great photos of, scrumptious treats. Going through her blog posts, it’s obvious how lucky her kids must be to be the recipients of all those homemade goodies! Be sure to head over to her blog to check it out.
Blogging for me, as I have learnt for the past couple of months, is not all that easy to find time for. I mean, it must be hard for my son to have to wait hungrily for me to feed him while I snap 37 shots of our plated dinner from 6 different angles. And my husband – I don’t even know where to begin; erm, how about the fact that he has to put up with hours of silence from me while I work on my blog instead of having thoughtful conversations over, say, what the heck is the Higgs Boson? In short, I owe my family many thanks.
Well, the rules for accepting this award are such that I have to list 8 things about myself and nominate 8 of my favourite blogs for the award (and let them know they’ve been nominated). So, here goes 8 completely random things about myself:
- I secretly wish that I am athletic.
- I hate having to clean up after a meal, or in general, having to clean up. Period.
- My children drive me up the wall. A lot. But I still give them many hugs :)
- I, in turn, drive my parents up the wall. A lot.
- I am an annoying perfectionist.
- I am in awe of my husband’s never waning patience for me. I love him to bits.
- The Sound of Music is one of my favourite movies. Christopher Plummer playing Captain Von Trapp was my first on-screen crush. Really.
- My sister is my best friend.
And now, moving on to the fun part, I am passing the torch and nominating the following 8 bloggers for the Blog on Fire Award because I love their blogs! They inspire me to cook, photograph and write; do head over to these blogs if you haven’t already. In no particular order, they are:
- Spontaneous Tomato
- 17 Bites
- One Happy Table
- Cookie Talk
- A Lot On Your Plate
- The Bear And The Blackberry
- The Hungry Mum
- A cookbook a month
Have fun reading!